Web Site Privacy Statement
Effective April 30, 2010
Protecting your privacy is very important to us. We want you to understand what information we collect and how we use it. We collect and use "nonpublic personal information" in order to provide our customers with a broad range of financial products and services as effectively and conveniently as possible. We treat nonpublic personal information in accordance with our Privacy Notice.
It is possible to browse our site without providing us any personal information. You can also set your browser to reject cookies, however in doing so you will not be able to take full advantage of the site's functionality.
What Information We Collect and From Whom We Collect It
We may collect "nonpublic personal information" about you from the following sources:
- Information such as your name, social security number, address and date of birth which are received from you via applications or other forms submitted to us;
- Information about your financial or service transactions with us, our affiliates, or others;
- Information we receive from non-affiliated third parties, including consumer reporting agencies;
- Information we derive from your access to and use of this web site through software tools like a cookie, pixel tags, web bug or web beacon (these are information-collecting devices) or otherwise, such as your Internet browser, domain name and referring link;
- Information you provide voluntarily when registering for account access through our web site, such as confirming your policy number, social security number and providing your e-mail address and telephone number; and
- Information provided by you to initiate an online policy transaction or contained in an e-mail message sent to us.
"Nonpublic personal information" is private information about you that we obtain in connection with providing a financial product or service to you. If you do not want to provide this information to us via the Internet, please contact us at 877-717-8858 or your financial advisor to assist you.
What Information We Disclose and To Whom We Disclose It
We do not disclose any nonpublic personal information about you to either our "affiliates" or non-affiliates without your express consent, except as permitted by law. We may disclose the nonpublic personal information we collect to persons or companies that perform services on our behalf, that provide services to you, to financial institutions with which we have joint marketing agreements, and as required by law (for example regulators, law enforcement agencies).
"Our affiliates" are companies with which we share common ownership or control and which offer insurance, pension, savings or investment products.
This site is not directed towards children and we do not intend to market any products or services to children under thirteen (13) years of age. We do not knowingly gather or solicit data from children under thirteen (13) years of age through this site for any reason. By using this site you represent that you are not under thirteen (13) years of age.
Our Security Procedures
We restrict access to your nonpublic personal information and only allow disclosures to persons and companies as permitted by law to assist in providing products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your nonpublic personal information.
The AEGON® companies to which this Privacy Statement applies:
This statement applies to the following companies and the separate accounts which they have established and offered as part of the products they distribute.
Transamerica Advisors Life Insurance Company
Transamerica Advisors Life Insurance Company of New York
Monumental Life Insurance Company
Transamerica Life Insurance Company
Transamerica Financial Life Insurance Company
Western Reserve Life Assurance Co. of Ohio
Transamerica Capital, Inc.
Privacy Notice available to customers:
Customers receive copies of our Privacy Notice on an annual basis or upon any material revision in our privacy practices. For a copy of your Privacy Notice you may click below.
This web site privacy statement was last updated October 2010. This web site notice will be updated from time to time to reflect any material revisions, so please check back often to review the statement.
Please contact us with any questions, comments or concerns.